Live Scan and Fingerprinting Information
Livescan will remain closed until further notice.
Phone Message Line
Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express only.
If paying by cash, exact change only.
Live Scan Fees
Live Scan Fees range from $40 to $332.00, depending on the type of service and if other application and license fees are required(second hand dealers, check cashers, firearms eligibility, etc.).
Examples of Live Scan Fees:
- City Service Fee for all live scan applications: $40.00
- State Department of Justice (DOJ): $32.00 + $40.00 City Fee = $72.00
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI): $17.00 + $40.00 City Fee = $57.00
- State DOJ ($32) and FBI ($17) + $40.00 City Fee = $89.00
- Ink fingerprints, per card(card not provided) Fee: $17.00
- Any Live Scan form that has an agency billing number (this is the six digit number located in the middle portion of the form) will be $40.00 City Service Fee only.
For a complete list of DOJ processing fees, please read this document: DOJ Fees(PDF, 315KB)
Note: We do not fingerprint for Immigration and Naturalization purposes. We do however fingerprint for Immigration Visas.
Forms must be provided by the requesting agency.
We do not provide Live Scan forms or ink cards.
If you do not have a form you can contact the Department of Justice or visit their “Commonly Used Forms for Applicant Agencies” page.
The background process can take from 24 hours to six weeks; longer if you have regular ink cards.
The Culver City Police Department does not do the background check and has no control over the process time.
If you are coming in for a resubmission, meaning that your prints have been rejected by Department of Justice or Federal Bureau of Investigation, please have a new form and the original ATI number (there will be no fees charged). If you do not have these, you will be required to pay the fees again.