Special Enforcement Unit (SEU)
The Special Enforcement Unit (SEU) is comprised of one (1) Sergeant and several detectives (generally four (4)) that are assigned to the Investigations Bureau. This unit will generally work in an undercover capacity. SEU is responsible for several tasks that include, but are not limited to, narcotics and vice operations, warrant service, surveillance operations, informant management, interviewing suspects and witnesses, and crime suppression. SEU investigators may also conduct investigations outside the City in cooperation with appropriate law enforcement agencies to prevent the flow of such illegal controlled substances into the City and/or to prevent criminal activity from occurring within Culver City.
Special Enforcement Unit Investigators are responsible for a variety of duties within the Investigations Bureau. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Solving, investigating, and repressing property and violent crimes
- Proactively addressing narcotics and vice activities occurring within and around the city
- Narcotic investigations outside the city in cooperation with appropriate law enforcement agencies to prevent the flow of illegal narcotic substances into the city.
- Investigations assigned to them at the direction of the Investigations Bureau Lieutenant
- Case preparation and filing to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office
- Collection and analysis of police intelligence information involving all matters of potential concern to the Investigation Bureau Lieutenant
- Apprehension of career criminals
- Search and arrest warrant operations
- Investigation of all commercial retail violations of liquor laws, except for traffic-related cases or cases specifically assigned to another division/section.
- Monitoring and conducting periodic compliance checks of parolees living in the city